Parenting seems scary to many future and new parents but the things are never as bad as they seem. No one will give you a manual when your baby will be born to you so there is information you should know beforehand.
• Cesarean delivery. Cesarean delivery is used for different reasons including stalled or complicated labor to secure you and the baby. It doesn’t matter how your baby is delivered, it is a blessing that you are parents now. A good advice for new parents, especially fathers would be to be especially cautious, caring for your wife.
• Circumcision. It is not necessary, so it is up to you whether to do it or not. Many doctors believe that circumcision reduces the risk of urinary tract infections and cancer of the penis.
• SIDS. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome is well-researched; however, the causes of it are not defined. It is found that female babies less likely to die of SIDS than male, premature newborns are under greater risk, single-parent family children are under the risk too. Do not smoke in the house as it is also increases the risk of SIDS.
• Bathing baby. Do not bath the newborn until the umbilical cord falls, it usually happens about one or two days after birth. Before that just wipe the baby with sponge. After that treat the umbilical cord according to the advice of pediatricians.
• Sleeping. Some parents believe that it is convenient and useful when baby sleeps in the same bed with them. However, American Academy of Pediatrics warns that that increases the risk of SIDS. Baby should have a separate bed or cradle without pillows and blankets. A good advice for new parents is not to put stuffed animals there as they are real dust collectors as well as any other things that can be dangerous for baby.